Friday, July 03, 2015

What Is It Like To Get Your Ears Pierced?

What Is It Like To Get Your Ears Pierced?

Hello lovelies! Recently I was talking to one of my younger cousins who I haven't seen in ages. Since that time I have gotten my ears pierced. She noticed this and asked me what it was like to get them done. When it comes to those who don't have their ears pierced there are a lot of questions about it. These consist of: did it hurt, is it true they use a gun?, and a bunch of others. So I am now going to attempt to explain what it's really like to get your ears pierced. Be prepared because I am going to be brutally honest with you about the whole process. However, although it was relatively recently I can't really remember how painful it was or anything like that. I think the human brain just blocks out pain...? Anyway enough ranting let's jump right into it!

When Getting Them Pierced:
  • Before you even go to get them done I recommend putting your hair in a ponytail so that it is out of the way. You will probably be asked to do this anyway if you arrive with your hair down.
  • The first thing you do is choose your studs. I had the choice of three, but that may be different for you depending on where you are getting your ears pierced.
  • They will then get a disinfectant wipe and clean your ear lobe; and no this does not hurt one bit.
  • Next they will get a marker and put a dot on each ear lobe to show where they want each earring to go.
  • Finally, they bring out the gun. Not to worry! It is not a fully loaded rifle, it is small and not very scary looking. It will probably look something like this:
 
  • They will take the earrings out of the bag and load them into the gun. The gun will be held right beside your ear (when my friend was getting her ears pierced she thought that they were going to stand at the other side of the room and use her ear as target practice!) and lined up with the marker dot.
  • When it is fired it will hurt, but not that much! I can not stand pain at all and I managed to remain calm and get the other one done without uttering a single swear word. So if I, of all people, can do it then so can you! The only thing I have to warn you about is the sound it makes when it is fired. Be prepared for it. I wasn't and it scared the living daylights out of me!
  • It may sting a bit through the day, but that all depends. Personally one of my ears hurt the whole day and the other was absolutely fine!
 
After Getting Them Pierced:
  • The most important thing to do is keep it clean. When you are getting your ears pierced the person piercing it should tell how to keep it clean. If they don't then make sure to ask. I was told to clean my ears everyday with a solution made of lukewarm water and salt.
  • It will bruise. This is perfectly normal, just remember something has just been shot through it!
  • Make sure your hair doesn't get tangled in your earrings as this could lead to infection.
That's is all you need to know about getting your ears pierced. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask down in the comments or you could email me! Whatever floats your boat! Good luck for getting your ears pierced!

-El x 



2 comments:

  1. I got my ears pierced about 8 years ago and they still swell up and close and get infected. Its super important to keep the holes clean!!! And if you're ears are super sore but you really want to wear earrings you can always dip the earrings in Neopsporin Pain Relief Cream to help them slide in easier!!


    Imstillloading.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice! :)
      -El x

      Delete