Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Expectation Vs. Reality: Back To School!

Expectation Vs. Reality: Back To School!
 
Hey lovelies!
As you are probably well aware I went back to school today. Lets just say that it was not how I expected it to go. Every year for as long as I remember I have always had these ridiculous expectations of the first day back at school. However, these expectations are usually shattered within the first few hours of school. So, today I wanted to share with you my brilliant, completely unrealistic back to school expectations for this year vs. the totally not so fun reality:
 
 
  • Expectation: Waking up on time and having plenty of time to do your hair and makeup.
  • Reality: Skipping breakfast and throwing your hair into a ponytail. Doing your makeup didn't even cross your mind because your way too busy trying to get to school on time because NOBODY wants to be late for the first day back.
  • Expectation: Everyone talks to you and asks you how your summer went.
  • Reality: No one talks to you and they are all disappointed that you still go here.
  • Expectation: Arriving in to find my squad assembled and waiting for me.
  • Reality: Waiting for ages by myself in the hallway for the squad to turn up, because their buses get into school later than mine.
  • Expectation: Spending the morning catching up with my friends and finding out how their summers where.
  • Reality: Having to sit through an hour long welcome back presentation/ school rules lecture from the principal.
  •  
  • Expectation: Expecting to be in the same classes as all your friends.
  • Reality: Finding out that you are in some of the same classes as your friends, but because teachers love making everyone sit in alphabetical order your friend is at the other side of the room.
  • Expectation: Sitting at your squads usual table at break and lunch.
  • Reality: Having to find a new squad table because apparently people don't "own tables in the canteen" and people can "sit where they like" because they "got there first".
  • Expectation: Going home thinking that this is going to be a great year.
  • Reality: Going home dreading tomorrow.
 
I have to admit that it wasn't the worst first day back, but when your expectations were as high as mine then it doesn't really leave room for "best first day back ever!" Well, as they say, "the first day is always the worst day!"
 
I quickly wanted to let you know that I will be blogging on Tuesday and Saturday as promised. However, please forgive me if I end up posting my Tuesday posts late because I will have homework to do because on Tuesdays I have History, double French, double Maths and triple English. This will mean that I will most likely get homework for all of these :(
 
 Anyway I hope the rest of your week is amazing and see you on Saturday! :)
 
-El x

No comments:

Post a Comment